Small Enterprises (EMEs)
Exempt Micro Enterprises (EMEs) refer to all organisations that have the following ranges or are start-ups where the business has been registered in the prior 12 months:
Affidavits & Authentication Letter
The Revised BBBEE Codes do not allow any BBBEE Verification Agency, Auditor or Accountant to issue a BEE certificate for companies that are EMEs on this new legislation – only sworn affidavits are allowed. We are continuing to do EME certificates only for Sector Codes that have not been updated yet. Contact us on email@example.com for the application form or more information.
- 100% black-owned – Level 1
- 51 to 100% black-owned – Level 2
- <51% black-owned – Level 4. Should these companies wish to potentially score better, they can opt to be assessed as a QSE.
Specialised enterprises that cannot have the Ownership element assessed eg Higher Education, Non-Profit Companies, State-owned Entities, etc receive enhanced recognition due to the % beneficiaries that benefit:
- >75% black beneficiaries – Level 1
- 51 to 75% black beneficiaries – Level 2
- <51% black beneficiaries – Level 4. Should these companies wish to potentially score better, they can opt to be assessed on the Adjusted QSE Scorecard
As your clients / tenders are wary of or not educated on the above New Codes requirements, we offer a EME Authentication Letter service for R995.00 + VAT where we conduct the necessary checks on your organisations ownership, black status and annual turnover/net value and provide a signed letter, together with the relevant Gazette clauses, which you can attach to your affidavit to add much needed credibility.
(Click here) to download the Application Form and submit to us with the relevant documents. The letter will be ready within 2 working days of receiving all requirements, and is valid for 1 year from issue. Contact us on 0861 505 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.